Look carefully at this photograph. How does it work?
- How would you describe this photograph to a person who could not see it?
- How is space represented in this photograph (foreground, middle ground, background)?
- What is in or out of focus? How has the subject been framed/cropped?
- Which part of the photograph strikes you as most interesting - captivating, surprising, puzzling, mysterious? Why?
- What questions would you ask the artist about this work, if s/he were here?
- What do you think it would be like to live in this photograph? What makes you think that?
- Why do you suppose the artist made this photograph? What makes you think that?
- What do you think is effective about this photograph? What doesn’t work so well?