Component 2 Resources
Use the following resources to help you during the research and development period:
Web page checklist
There are lots of ways of making the content and layout of your web pages interesting for the visitor. Check that you have used a range of techniques from this list:
- double (or multiple) column layout
- slideshows (best used in a double column layout - make sure the images you use are big enough and avoid having lots of space around them)
- galleries (best used across the full width of the screen - remember you can alter the settings to improve the appearance of your images e.g. cropped square, no borders etc.)
- text hyperlinks (to external websites)
- picture hyperlinks (e.g. to Pinterest boards or Popplet mind maps)
- embedded videos (e.g. about your chosen artists or particular techniques/processes)
- block quotes (e.g. interesting quotes about photography)
Your final evaluation
Ensure that you have written a final evaluation that summarises your learning for Component 2. It is recommended that you use the structure of the the Assessment Objectives to help you do this and to signpost to the examiner that you have fulfilled the requirements of the course. You could use this list of prompts to help you:
- Introduction - Which theme did you choose and why?
- AO1: What ideas have you developed about your chosen exam theme? How have you sustained and focused your investigations? What contextual and other sources have you referred to? NB. Check to make sure you have demonstrated analytical and critical understanding with detailed comments about artists and particular photographs/works of art using plenty of subject specific language e.g. composition, viewpoint, camera angle, rule of thirds, light, tone, colour, pattern, texture, line, shape, form etc.
- AO2: What experiments have you carried out with appropriate resources, media, materials, techniques and processes? How have you reviewed and refined your work as it develops? NB. Check to make sure that you have made specific comments about and explained the resources, techniques and processes you have used e.g. types of camera, apps, software, darkroom experiments, lighting equipment etc.
- AO3: How have you recorded your ideas, observations and insights? NB. Make sure that your Unit 2 page is well-organised and contains a variety of presentation techniques (see Web Page Checklist above).
- AO4: What have chosen to present as a personal, informed and meaningful response? How have you demonstrated critical understanding, realised your intentions and made connections between visual, written, oral or other elements? NB. Check to make sure that you have clearly indicated your final outcomes and explain how you arrived at them. Make sure you have evaluated them carefully - their strengths and weaknesses - and show how they are the consequence of the creative process you have been through.
- Conclusion - How satisfied are you with the progress you have made in this unit?